Monday, October 7, 2013

October 4, 2013
Hallå min familj!
The MTC is great. For Mom’s sake, there is a dietitian who I’ve talked to. She’s given me wheat thins, and there’s apple juice and PB sandwiches waiting for me in the kitchen ANYTIME.
I’m loving min kamrat, Syster Stewart. We have fun quoting Disney movies, breaking into accents, and singing at the top of our lungs. Seriously, I don’t think I could have asked for a better companion. She’s crazy, but the same way I am so it all works!
The MTC is the best; I always feel happy - exhausted but happy. I’ve also come to realize the Elders do strange things. Yesterday as Syster Stewart and I were going to breakfast, we heard 3 elders imitating wookies, and today, a ton of them were singing Lizzie McGuire at breakfast.
But they’re all nice to the sisters, so it works out.
By the way, it’s FREEZING in Provo! Today while Syster Stewart and I were walking back from the gym, it started snowing. I think I left my tights in the laundry room because I can’t find them, but they would be nice right about now (hint-hint; wink-wink; nod-nod).
Our district is small, there’s Syster Stewart and me and a tripanionship of Äldste Brinkworth, Äldste Allen, och Äldste James. Our zone includes the Norwegians and our lone Dutch. It’s awesome. Eldste Edwards (Norway) is from England, and Syster Stewart regularly gets in trouble for imitating his accent without realizing it.
The language is hard, and I wish I’d more time in my scriptures. We had our first investigator, Johan, today. It was a train-wreck, but we made it through. Studying with Dad has definitely been a HUGE help. I’m understanding at least the gist of everything our teachers say, and I was able to help min kamrat translate a lot of what Johan said. Okay, maybe not a lot, but a few things.
I’m not homesick, but I do think about you guys all the time. You’ll have to tell me how Paige decided to ask Matt to Sadie’s and how Haley’s soccer season is going. I found a Pokemon card Nate gave me before leaving today -- tell him I love him and I miss him tons. Kiss Gus for me.
Love you guys, and I hope to hear from you soon!
XOXOXOX
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment