Monday, May 12, 2014

Crazy week in Missionaryland

Well, it's been an absolutely crazy week in Missionaryland, as always. We have run everywhere and back again, and been all over Stockholm. It's been nuts.


I guess the most exciting news of the week is that we have moved apartments again. This is my 3rd apartment in Gubbängen, but it's actually a really nice move since it means that we no longer live in the forest and now live about 5 minutes from the Tunnelbana. We can now get to most of our area within about 25 minutes as opposed to the 30 it used to take us just to get out of the apartment. SUPER NICE. 


And, as always, we love the people that we meet with. I think I mentioned it last week, but the video 'Because of Him' has become my favorite missionary tool EVER. Seriously, the video is fantastic and I used it about a bajillion times in the past week in lessons. It's just amazing how well it speaks to EVERYONE about the miracle of Christ and all that He has done for us. It reminds me of a line from Preach My Gospel that I can't quote exactly, but the quote essentially says that every hurt and pain whether it be physical, spiritual, emotional, or mental is made right through Christ's atonement.


This week was fun in that we got to have Stake Conference. We had an Area Seventy come in from Germany who talked to us a lot about member missionary work, which is needed so much here. Whether it be being that kind, good Samaritan on the train who helps you get your stroller on and off the train, or actively going out and talking to people about the Church.  It is SO important that we take care of each other in the church. A lot of the work we do out here is with less active members who just an extra little push and a friend to come back.





Also, let it be known that I have the BEST family in the world. Getting to talk to them for Mother's Day was exactly what I needed yesterday, and I love them so stinkin' much! Seriously. It really makes me so grateful that we have the knowledge we can be with our families for eternity, so even though I may not get to see them all the time now, it'll be okay, because I'll have forever to make up for it. That, and, it's absolutely amazing to be able to tell people that out here. It is seriously the most amazing blessing and comfort.


Sorry that I don't have tons of exciting stories; I was a little sick this week, so things were a bit slow for us. But, I can say that I love being here and the work that I get to do! I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week! Puss och kram!

Love,
Syster Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment