Monday, March 2, 2015

Baptism! Gotta dop 'em all!

Oh, goodness, the past week, the past week. It's been a crazy good week, and we've been running back and forth from Uppsala to Stockholm more times than I care to count. Pretty much all day Tuesday we were in leadership meetings just learning more about what President Beckstrand's goals for the mission are and how we can help to carry that out to the mission, which was great. 

Right after that we got to head out on splits, which was a bit of an interesting experience this time. I got to go out with a greenie who had quite literally been in Sweden only a week. It really made me reflect A LOT on what that was like. It seems like it was both forever ago and not so long ago that I was a wide-eyed greenie who literally had no idea what was going on or what anyone around here was saying. I had so many hopes and dreams for my mission, and while not all of them have come true (for example: convert all of Sweden. The population is still largely aethiest and Muslim despite my best efforts), I feel like my Heavenly Father has instead given me something so much better than I ever could have thought of as a greenie, and that's the knowledge that the gospel is true (and I had better know that after as many times as people have told me I'm crazy or brainwashed) and that our Heavenly Father really does have a plan to bring each and every one of us home to Him again if we can only accept his Son's sacrifice and and do our best. 
Let's see, the past week was good but kind of slow. Getting sick kind of forced us to take it a little slow for a few days, and we're still trying to figure out how to build up our teaching pool because............ WE HAD A BAPTISM!!!!!! It was seriously the coolest thing I've seen all week/month/year. It's seriously been amazing to see the change the gospel has made in this investigator's life- not in anything big or obvious, but he literally glows with the light of the gospel, and he has become different as he's gotten himself outside his normal comfort zone and made commitments and steps towards his Heavenly Father.

And there's the week. It's not a lot (Hopefully there's more to tell you guys next week!), but it really was a good week. I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Kramar!
Syster Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment